Friday, October 24, 2008

Less News Watching Equals Happier Me

Arggghhhh! A classic Sunday morning mistake on my part- I turned on the news. Now a little itty-bitty tiny bit of news watching is necessary if you want to retain your "Good Citizen" award (and we all should) and gives you something to talk about with strangers sitting next to you in the airport. Beyond that, it is similar to sticking bamboo slivers under my own fingernails - it just hurts, especially right now. Yes, in this particular "right now", the economy is scarier than all the old "Halloween" movies put together: there are real goblins knocking at our countries' door, and people are getting in knife fights over a few gallons of gas. Not watching the news is not equal to being passive. And although I'm not quite ready to announce my run for the presidency next time around, I'll do what I can about the things I can do something about and that includes voting.

In the meantime, I'm surfing right on past the news programs on a wild hunt for something with a bit more levity or escape or beauty or something. Wish me happy channel surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment