Sunday, November 23, 2008

Prune Juice

In the midst of a bout of the grumps and grumbles this morning, I stumbled across a website that at first viewing was, well, like drinking a glass of prune juice: almost too sweet but I knew it would start "things" moving. But I wasn't in the mood to be moved...I wanted to cling to my totally justified case of the blues. I couldn't make myself chug this prune juice of a website but I did force myself to take a few sips and that was enough. The website had its way with me and all the grunk that was in my heart and soul loosened up and flowed out, leaving space for the good stuff to flow in.

The website is http://www.darynkagan.com/ and it is a wonderful repository of videotaped stories of inspiring people and their responses to what life has handed them. The website was started by former CNN anchor Daryn Kagan in response to her own little bit of adversity - losing her job at CNN. There is a story about a man who lost his wife and all four of his kids in a flash flood just a handful of years ago and his new mission in life, another about an illegal immigrant who became a top surgeon, another about a man who managed to combine weight loss and recycling into one positive pursuit. There seems to be a bottomless pit of good stories on the site and something to suit everyones needs.

And yes, it can make you feel like a big fat loser turd (I like to keep my analogies going, thank you very much) if you let it but I'm going to let it move me in more a positive way. IF I do what is good for me, I'll pour a 6-oz glass of this website every morning and drink it with my breakfast. And then, ah, I'll see what is let loose.

2 comments:

  1. Annie-
    I have to say--this is one of the funniest and most honest reviews I've ever read about DarynKagan.com.
    Thanks so much.
    Idea-we just launched a social online community. Would love to have you post your blog &/or other writing there.
    Just a thought.
    Again, thanks!
    --Daryn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops.
    the link to our social online community:

    www.DarynKagan.ning.com

    ReplyDelete